1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Festival??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Broodyvamp, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello everyone,

I've been debating on whether I should go to the pride festival that is happening in my city this coming weekend. I am not out to anyone who is living in my city so I would have to go to the festival by myself which makes me a bit nervous because I'm not sure that I would have a great time. I could only go for a couple hours anyway but I'm not sure that it is normal to be by myself do you guys think anyone else would be by themselves as well because I would love to meet some new people. Just writing this makes me think that I should go as well, but does anyone have any advice or anything. I have never been to anything like this before so any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!!
    Kim

2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was sorta afraid/nervous before going to one the first time...
    Part of it being the fact I would be going by myself, and the other part being I'm not out.

Needless to say I made the decision that "I'm going" (partially from encouragement from another forum similar to this, and partially because I'd wanted to go for years).
    Getting on the train to head into the city I still felt alittle nervous, and excited at the same time. The nervousness/etc I had went away (and I mean -totally gone- ) once I got to the Festival :slight_smile:

Since then I've been multiple times, and to 2 different cities..
    I generally go just for a couple hours, it'd be too hard to spend the whole day.

I say just go!
    Don't worry about going alone, you won't be the only one there who went by themself.