1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it Really Get Better?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by matiasz94, Jun 2, 2015.

1. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

Its always been a constant question for me. I mean yeah I get the concept that you are looking in the short term right now and that growing up is hard because there are so many changes but later on your situation will mellow out, but Idk I'm twenty now and it just seems like its getting harder and harder. I know suicide is wrong because life is important, but I can't stop constantly thinking how defective I am and how everyone's life will continue on at least then I wouldn't have to be this thing they have to deal with.

2. Sek

Sek

Specific issues do get easier to deal with, for example coming out might be difficult at first but it becomes easier when you've been through it a while. However you will always encounter new challenges in life that you have to overcome. They are never easy, they just become easier.

But the beauty of life and ageing is that you grow as a person. I live my life by the quote in my signature. I often get caught up in wishing I didn't have problems, but what's the point of living if you get everything you want all the time? Having bad times make the good times even better.

Just my thoughts.

3. Gandee

Gandee Guest

There are many things in life which you have no control over, so "getting better" isn't really accurate. No one can tell for sure if things will get better. Some people will suffer mishap after mishap in their lives.

Good news is, you are not totally helpless. You can't change people, but you can improve yourself. Adopting a new perspective will help you find a solution to a problem, and opportunities you've never realized before. Life's hard, you just have to be harder.

You probably think you're worthless, I don't know you, but I can say you're not. People create their own worth. Have no achievements? Doesn't matter, go make one. Result in failure? At least you try and learn something. Also, act kind and you might impact someone else's life in a positive way :slight_smile: And that's the best thing a human being can do.

Don't give up.

4. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.