1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay and lesbian couple child

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Accedo, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Accedo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hy there,

I've always wanted a child and it's kinda sad and hard to imagine life without one (I've recently come to accept that I am gay ). I think that this is one of the most important purposes in life.

I was thinking whether I could find someone to have a child with (a girl) without romantic implications. One scenario would be that me and my (future) boyfriend could find a lesbian couple and each could have a child. We could live together so we could raise the children .
    The thing is that I don't know if my boyfriend could be OK with this (as it implies sex with another person) and also I don't known whether I would find a lesbian couple to be OK with this.

I know it sounds kind of childish and utopic but I am curious what you think. Would you be OK with this?

#1 Accedo, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In this case, you could use your sperm with a donor egg (aka IVF) and you'll be able to have your own kid. If you wanted your own child then yes, IVF would be your best bet.

Or you could adopt, that's option 2.

3. Accedo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It costs a lot to do IVF and there are other steps that are very expensive. You need money for: the donor egg, the IVF procedure and (the most expensive) a surrogate mother.

In my country adoption for LGBT people is not possible. It would be fine to adopt a child but I think that passing your genes is the most important part (I could donate sperm for that matter but it won't be that good to have a child that I would never see).

4. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Personally I wouldn't, in some cases, you might have to have sex multiple times for a successful conception. And I hate to use this cliche phrase, I have no problem with other people who choose that option.
    Can you adopt as a single dad?
    Or maybe move out of the country?

5. Accedo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope, unfortunately I can't adopt as a single dad.

6. i doubt a lesbian couple would want to sleep with men to conceive a child, its risky as you probs dont know the people and they could have any stds e.t.c. unless either of them were bi it might be somewhat plausible but probably unlikely but deffo not unhead of cuz i know someone who has slept with men who is gay for a baby.

you can adopt or even long term foster.
    who knows though in 10 years time science might have progressed into something super cool. children are expensive regardless if you have to pay for ivf or not.