1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Quit?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thewizard, Jun 5, 2015.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently I've been becoming more and more frustrated when it comes to my friends. For example, say one of my friend's would steal my chair because they thought I stole theirs. Idk why but I've just been getting very irratated by these little things that they do that I feel like I'm going to explode. Usually when I'm stressed I run, but the problem is the guys on the Cross Country team at my high school are really insecure and rude. They make me the most irratated because of all their gay and racial jokes. I've tried telling them that the jokes they make are really rude and disrespectful, but then they'll call me gay for confronting them and actually caring about something. I erally do love cross country, but I don't know whether or not I should quit. Any suggestions?

2. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I were you, I would challenge them. When they make a comment, I would counter it by proving how insecure they are. You can support controversial issues translucently.Try to tell them that people deserve to live their life and that it's no one's right to question or reason them out of it.
    You know they are ignorant so let them be stupid and insensitive. Don't let them influence you because they are :***:.
    I loved running Cross Country. I met many diverse people. Try to mingle with other people....if you hear them run faster and harder. You'll get a better work out and won't have to deal with them.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't let other people dictate whether or not you want to stay with cross country. If you like it, stay with it, especially if it makes you feel good whenever you're competing. Just because they're your teammates doesn't mean that you have to get along or even like each other outside of practise and events. I know how difficult it can be dealing with homophobic people in team sports, as I've had to deal with it for four years being a manager. All you can do is tell them that those types of jokes aren't funny, and politely ask them not to tell them when you're around, if ever. If that doesn't work and they're still making you feel uncomfortable, go ask the coach to see if they can do something about it.

I hope I was able to help out here. :slight_smile:

4. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all the advice. I'll definetly give it a try.