1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I've Noticed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by iConor, Jun 7, 2015.

1. iConor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is something that I do that I've only noticed recently. For the most part I am comfortable with myself and my sexuality. But I've found myself judging myself through other people's eyes. I imagine how I sound or how I'm seen when people are talking to me and I don't exactly know why but when I do this it somehow hinders me, rendering me self-counscious, which is something that I am not. Is this really weird? xD Do other people do this? How do I stop?? Lol

2. Creator

I agree, when I am speaking or doing an action (Bare in mind I am not out yet) and I feel I am doing something that looks 'gay' or 'femenine' (Which is totally fine) I'll say to myself in my head "This looks really gay, I better stop it" then I'll stop it. I hope one day I'll be out and I wont feel stupid or weird acting 'gay' or 'femenine' around friends and family.

I hope this helped you.

Kind regards,
    Creator.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I do the same thing a lot. I think it's a somewhat normal thing to do, but also not very good because it gets you in the habit of caring what other people think. Since I'm the same way, I'm not so sure how to stop it other than just trying to put extra effort to push those thoughts aside so you can just live in the moment with people and not care. And if you feel like doing or saying something, but worry what others will think, just try and face your fear and do it and keep doing that so you can get used to just doing what you want even though others may judge you. Hope this helps

4. ATtappman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're not alone- I've done this for more than half of my life.

5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes as you've realized this behaviour can become unhealthy for you. At the same time it can be a very useful skill. In one of your other posts you mentioned acting - being able to think of how the audience will perceive a character can be very useful. So maybe it's a question of not doing it regardiing "yourself" in you day-to-day activities but doing it when rehearsing/auditioning/etc...