1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Slimy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dast, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Dast

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, back in March, this guy and I started seeing each other. I fell for him very quickly. About two weeks ago we broke things off. But he thinks we should still be friends. And I'd like to be. But there are a lot of complex things going into that. And that is a topic for another day, and probably with a therapist, haha.

Well anyway, back when we were dating he set up his Netflix on my computer (we had gotten rid of Netflix in my household for reasons). I never once used it while we were dating, but as of late I've been wanting to watch stuff that I just can't find anywhere else. Here's the thing, while we were dating I felt kinda... wrong (I guess?) using his Netflix (I think I always knew we'd break up sooner rather than later). But now, the mere thought of using his Netflix makes me feel... slimy. Like I'm scum or something. And I can't imagine why! I just got on the page and I felt this deep, soulful feeling of... wrongness I just can't describe. I was wondering why I feel this way. It might seem silly, but it's bothering me so I was hoping somebody could help, thanks.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It think it's normal to feel this way. You may kind of feel like you're "using him" to watch netflix even though that's not necessarily true. It's like you feel it's not rightfully yours to take advantage of since you broke things off with him. I think it's great you guys still want to be friends and you should. I'll bet once you get used to having a friendly relationship with him (if you do) you may start to feel differently about the Netflix thing and won't feel so guilty. Hope this helps!