1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister's avoiding me... again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Findmyway, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Findmyway

Hi, so I'm in a difficult situation right now: My older sister's refusing to talk to me, as a direct result of me liking a girl. But, let me start at the beginning: 5 years back, I fell in love for the first time... with the wrong person: my sister's former best friend and a teacher at my school. She was so beautiful... mesmerizing green eyes, a cute dimple in her chin, a dazzling smile... I developed a close bond with her, due to her becoming my confidante, in the last years before graduation. Needless to say, I hated saying goodbye...
    Due to my strong emotions, I had to fess up to my mom and sis... the last one didn't take it too well. Just as I'd feared: she was weirded out by it and I felt how she didn't understand at all and was pissed at me. She even told me one night, when I wanted to " bond", that she now knew things about me that she'd never ever wanted to know. This made me miserable.

To make her frustration somewhat clearer: this girl I loved had always been in her class and used to be one of her closest friends, but she grew to kind of hate her, due to my dad constantly telling her how she was better and had achieved more in her life( she graduated from college right away, while my sister couldn't, because of extreme OCD, perfectionism and fear of failure.)... Weird as that may sound, he always does this: he makes us feel bad about ourselves and claims others are better.

So yeah, I think she just felt bad, that someone else in the family was so taken by her. But now let's fast-forward to the here and now: I still haven't really gotten over this girl/woman and I recently found out she was gonna get married. My mom unwittingly told me at the dinner table: after I finished eating, I cried my eyes out in my room. Then, my sister walked in, asking me what was wrong. I told her the truth, only for her to shake her head, sigh, mutter angrily: not this shit again and leave, slamming the door in her wake. I really loathe this, cause when I cry about it, she either starts badmouthing her... which I hate, cause I still care for her( we occasionally mail and she's still so supportive of me.), or she gives me the silent treatment.

It's been a week since this incident and our relationship is very strained once again, with us hardly saying a word, I usually tell her: "hey" or something stupid, but she just ignores me! It's so frustrating! So please: if anyone has any tips on fixing a once very strong alliance, feel free to leave them below. I'm at my wit's end!

2. floridagal1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry to hear that. I do know your pain. Stay strong and follow your heart.