1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone relate? It feels odd

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MidnightStar, Jun 8, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's so odd everyone I speak to understood they where gay or started to notice it around the age they where playing with toys. I noticed this with people online and offline, accept with me I would always play the male with my toys and I would be really upset when my female friends wanted to play the female toy.

I don't know if this was because my gender identity (genderfluid) or want for a brother but it just happened. I chased people also as a kid because my female friends told me to chase them, and I found it like a challenge.

I just feel so different sometimes even being gay, like it took me so long to notice :eusa_doh: I wasn't attracted to men I didn't even figure out I have a clue until I started noticing my feelings where friendship and I didn't enjoy the guys sense of compassion like I did a woman's.

And yes the locker rooms was the first clue.
    Uh, I feel wicked alone it's like it took me so long and I was just a WEIRD kid
    so are there even others like me who took longer to know?
    even inside of childhood? Don't mind me with my questions, I just ask a lot.

2. IcarusRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was a bit of a late bloomer so I didn't really start developing crushes and feelings towards others until I was in 11th grade. Everybody realizes in their own time. It's true that some realize early on in their childhood, but many don't until their teens or even later. So don't worry if you know that you are gay then it doesn't matter when you realized, just that you are able to be happy.

3. Lyana

Hi MidnightStar,

Tons of people figure it out a lot later than when they were playing with GI Joes and action figures and Barbies! I certainly did. (Though I confess my Barbies did have sex together.)

There's a whole part of the forum here for "LGBT Later in Life," where people accept their sexuality/gender when they're quite a bit past childhood. I doubt you're the latest person to the game! You're not weird at all.

4. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh! I thought that was for people ages 30+ so I didn't enter that side of the forum

5. Lyana

Well, anyone can post anywhere. I'm sure I've posted in the Later in Life forum at some point, and I'm certainly under 30.
    My point was that, see... there are people even later to the game than you are.

For a more personal story, I didn't start identifying as bi until I was 18. So. Not playing with dolls at that time, you know? I did have some sense of being open to attractions to girls, but I called myself straight.