1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on a girl

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NeonLights1988, Jun 8, 2015.

1. I'm lesbian and have become interested in a straight co worker, she is aware I like women and is more than okay with it. She watches a lot of lesbian related shows and flirts with me a lot, I just don't know if she realizes it. She has been married to a man for 21 years, her high school sweetheart. She texts me all the time and we hang out outside of work, not doing anything special but it seems like she enjoys my company as much as I do hers. She knows my preferences when it comes to women and makes sure to dye her hair black knowing I like it and will make references to it. If I don't text back for awhile I will get numerous text messages and then she will start sending facebook messages. I suggested going for a drink and she refuses to saying " slut me comes out, she is no good" and I said " It's safe to say I'm safe" and she goes "nobody is" so it makes me think she's afraid of what might happen. I'm not describing things as well as I should, because so much has went on. I have confronted her and she denies being attracted to women at all but I don't buy it neither do my friends. Do you guys think she likes me?

2. jordananne

Even if she does like you, she is married and there is nothing you can do about it. Unfortunately she probably just likes all of the attention that you give her. Also, she probably doesn't realize that she is flirting. If she has told you that she does not like women, you have to respect that even if you think she may be lying. I think you could go for it if she wasn't married, but since she is just try to get over her and move onto another crush. I had a very similar situation recently. What I found helpful was I tried not to spend as much time with her/spending more time with other people. Straight girl crushes are terrible, but still a part of life. Good luck

3. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

You do have to respect her boundaries when she says no drinking- she knows her limits and is wanting to avoid anything she may regret later on. If she likes you or not, I do not know. I think it would be wise if the two of you spent a little less time together because she is married and has her own life. If anything was to happen it wouldn't last anymore than one night I suspect. Do yourself a favour and meet some women who are LGBT like yourself and hang out with them. Crushes fade with time, branch out.