1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is this fear?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by rarity von 666, Jun 9, 2015.

1. rarity von 666

I have been going through this problem for awhile.sometimes I hang out with my friends but when they say "I have to leave" or "I need to go somewhere" I start feeling sad or mad about this. I hate being alone. Sometimes I feel abandoned and I hate that feeling. It feels like I bother them .I have rapid mood swings as well. I feel like this my fault and that I don't deserve friends. Do you guys know what this is about?

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your instinct is correct, this is about loneliness. Interestingly, you don't have to be alone to feel lonely. Loneliness is about the lack of connectedness, not the lack of companionship. One thing is for certain, this is your mind and body telling you to do something about your isolation. You need more connectedness with others in your daily life than you are currently getting.

The anxiety is another matter but it is related. It comes from a feeling that you can't afford to fail in your relationships with others, otherwise the loneliness may not ever end. As a result your interactions lack the casual mindfulness needed to have fun with your friends. You feel guilty for ruining a potentially good time with them.

I recommend you see a counselor about this. They can give you some really great tips on how to deal with social anxiety. Good luck, I wish you well.

3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

What the person above said.Talking with someone outside the internet who has experience with these things is a lot more helpful than we could ever hope to be.

4. Natasha Elyssa

I've felt that way before. Believe it or not, going to see my guidance counselor weekly for group sessions helped me out a lot. You can also usually maintain a low profile if you want to. :slight_smile: <3

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Take care of it as soon as possible or else you are at high risk of hurt and getting badly hurt. Actually you are only starting, but if you let it grow it will become an ugly monster hard to get rid of.

Advice... It's hard without knowing if this has been always there or has been triggered by some event.
    Also, does it happen with everybody, or just only people that feels 'special' to you?

And how is your self steem at the moment?