1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I ask her out?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ilovesg, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So this is all very new to me because I've never asked anyone out before. I don't know if I should because even though we're friends, I don't know her that well and she's probably straight. My friend thinks she's straight because she thought some British guy was hot lol. I always thought she was pretty, but I really started to like her when we went to Disneyland for grad night at my school. She's just so nice and always remembers the little things I tell her. She was so concerned when I told her I was failing math lol. We graduated yesterday so if she says no I won't have to see her every day. We're going to the same college but it's much bigger than our high school was so I wouldn't see her. My friend said if I want she'll give me her number but I don't know if I should. Should I try to be just friends first and then see what happens? Or just ask her out? It's going to seem so random to her because I don't think she even knows I'm a lesbian. I've never dated anyone before so I don't know how to do these things.

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think maybe you should come out, or drop hints that you're open to same sex relationships before you tell her, because it may come as more of a shock if you don't. It sounds like you're not 100% sure of what her orientation is either. I think you should come out to her and ask her about her sexuality too. Then take it from there...
    I think maybe you should try to be friends first? Because from how I understood your post, you're not going to see each other as much in college...and starting a relationship in that situation doesn't seem very easy. I think you should take her number, and become good friends and come out. If she seems open, go for asking her out!
    That was just my opinion, I hope it helped though. Good luck whatever you may do!

3. bajel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly I'd just go for it. Why be gentle I mean high school's over, if she has any chill you'll still be friends afterwards if she's straight. I'd just ask her if she's straight or just ask her if she wants to go to a movie or something.

4. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How do you subtly ask if someone would be willing to date someone of the same gender? I'm thinking of having my friend invite her to the movies with us because they have known each other longer. Even if she is not interested I would still like to be friends.

5. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    help meeeee lol

6. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How about just hanging out, and trying to gauge her interest after you've done that a few times? Or you could just pluck up the nerve and ask. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Really

How about asking her if she wants to tour around the college campus one day? Check out the buildings where you each will have classes and visit one of the eateries and have some lunch? Spend a few hours getting familiar with eachother and your new school. :slight_smile:
    Even if you don't start something with her you'll have a foundation to be eachother's support when you start college.

8. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that's a really good idea! good thinking thanks lol

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2015 at 10:06 PM ----------

I think we might hang out soon at the movies so hopefully that will work thanks!