1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom found it...I need help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by David21201, Jun 12, 2015.

1. David21201

I have been looking for my blades for months. My mom walked into my room picked up a bag and the blandes and my knife were in that bag. She started questioning me. I told her I haven't cut in a year. (Which is a lie) She said the she knows I haven't...

Right now I have a huge fresh cut on my thigh. Do any of you have advice on conceling it in case she asks to see my thighs??

I know I should tell her but I can't, not right now at least...

2. Really

Rubix,

I think you need to let her know. This is not healthy either mentally or physically. For one thing, I'm sure the blades aren't sterile so you're opening yourself up to all sorts of trouble.
    You want to be better anyway, don't you? Let her find some professional assistance. You'll feel much better once you've gotten some outside help.

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please stop doing this to yourself. Cutting is unsafe for many reasons, not least of which being the risk of contracting diseases from unsterilized blades. It's also physically and mentally unhealthy for you. You may not want to tell your mom, but you should tell someone. A close friend, a responsible adult, someone you can trust and who will get you the help that you need. You do need some kind of help, even if it is just a sympathetic ear or a shoulder to cry on. If she found them, then the cat is sort of out of the bag anyways. There is a pretty good chance that she will be on the lookout for them in the future, so it might be better to just get it out now and she can get you some help rather than let the problem escalate any further.

Again, please stop doing this to yourself.

4. David21201

My mom knows I have been struggling with stuff recently. She thinks I've been cut free for almost 3 years now. I plan to keep it that way since I am trying to find a therapist/help/etc. on my own. I don't wish to hurt my mom anymore since I know when I come out to her again as pansexual and whatever I'm going to label my gender as she will be devastated. I'm not going to add this stress to her.