1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Site WTF?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by YeahpIdk, Jun 12, 2015.

1. YeahpIdk

Thanks EC for deleting my original thread because I mentioned two dating sites - woops.

Anyways, I can't remember what exactly I said, but it was something to the tune of:

I just started to question my sexuality in the past year. I'm 25, and because I really need to explore my feelings towards women, put myself on a popular dating site - and NOTHING! I've messaged a few girls, and they don't answer back, and I'm just wondering...is it me, or the dating site? I don't know. I feel like the pictures I put up are fairly normal and representative of myself. They're not stupid, like just me in a bra. They're my face in places that it has been to and whatnot.

Why isn't anyone trying to talk to me? I've gotten views and "likes," but NO ONE wants to talk to me? Why the fuck are you on the site then!?!? Is there etiquette or something on same sex dating sites? I'm not the dating site type, so this was a big leap putting myself on it just so I can meet/talk to someone (even on a friends level) to see where I'm at. Like, H-E-L-P. It's not a huge deal, but it's frustrating.

2. Really

Maybe swap out the photos for fully clothed ones. Most people are probably a bit anxious about being on there and you don't want to intimidate anyone.
    Also, you can initiate conversations too, right. :slight_smile:
    Choose a handful of profiles that don't turn you off and send a compliment and/or question to each of them. If anyone responds, remember to answer in full sentences. If nobody responds, pick some more and try again. There will be more negatives than positives but the more you check out, the better your chances.

3. YeahpIdk

@Really -- haha, sorry. What I said in my rant wasn't super clear. I meant I'm NOT just in a bra. As in nothing stupid like that. It's just my face. Nope, no bra pics up lol.