1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to help a trans man

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aura, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Aura

So I have a question. There's this guy (transguy) and I don't know him well but I'd call him a friend. So he's 13 yrs old (about to be 14 on July 30th) anyway to get to the point, his parents don't support him and he's not out to the rest of his family. So lately he's been using bandages and I know those are super bad to use and can damage his ribs. And many of his followers on Instagram (which is where I met him) tell him not to use bandages and I think he's heard it all and dysphoria beats all of it. So I messaged him telling him that I was willing to buy him a binder bc I don't want him using bandages then he said that he doesn't want me to spend my money and if his parents found out they would kill him so I said that he was definitely more important than money and that it's true that it would be hard to hide it from his parents but he could then he said that I shouldn't worry about him and basically said that it's not going to happen. But I really can't sleep at night thinking that he's endangering himself and I really want to do this but I don't want him to get in trouble from family but I just aaaarrghh I want to help him but I don't want to be too pushy and yeah so... If you have any advice or questions please ask and help. Btw I'm just a 16 yr old cis female who isn't all that educated on the trans* community. Sorry this was so long and I hope I didn't offend anyone, please tell me if I did, and thank you! :confused: :slight_smile:

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

There are some threads about safe binding in the gender identity section, you could have a look there.