1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just really lonely here

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sedgeling, Jun 14, 2015.

1. sedgeling

I recently moved out of the house, and I'm starting to have some difficulties coping with the changes. I don't necessarily miss being home, but I miss the familiarity of it. I don't have friends up here yet, and I'm at my first job where adjusting to everything is just plain stressful. The people at work are nice, but they aren't my friends, and my friends don't talk to me anymore. Logically, I figured some of this stuff would happen, but I just feel really down right now, and like I won't meet anyone up here. I like being on my own, but I don't like being lonely. I'm not sure if I even want some advice, but just some reassurance it will improve with time.

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Hi there. I've been in your place. I moved out to study abroad when I was 18. It was nerve-wrecking. I didn't really know how to make friends either. But as time passed, it did get better. I managed to make a few friendships.
    As for workplace, well, I didn't plan on making any friends but there were just some nice people and we would talk.
    And this is a really trite advice, but it works: have you considered joining a club? Bonding over some fun activities is a lot nicer than working.

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

i felt your pain but i'm still alittle lonely

Attached Files:

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    next year i'm going to germany to study and make my dreams come true what i'm scared of though is that i don't speak german too well to even talk to people on the street so how about making friends its something i'm scared about i hate being lonely
    i think you can join a club like someone said also why not hang out around some cool places in your town you never know what could you find or who could you meet ^_^

5. floridagal1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Be strong and proud. Life is usually less scary if you have have some one on your journey. Message me if you like.