1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church Conference: Clothing and "Should I Be Out" Help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by David21201, Jun 15, 2015.

1. David21201

Tomorrow I am leaving for the Cal-Nev First United Methodist Church Conference in the Bay Area. I am my church's youth delegate. (Yes, I am an athesit but my mother would like me to go)

I was wondering if you guys had any tips on clothing. The shirts I wear when I am binding are not appropriate for this event. I have a few button downs, but they are women's button downs. Does that matter at all? It'll be between 50-70 degrees there so I maybe able to get away with a baggy sweatshirt. If you have any advice, please feel free to share!

I was also wondering if I should be out as pansexual (possibly trans* as well). The only reasons why I can see that being a bad idea is that my mother may catch wind of it AND I have NO clue who I'll be rooming with. Should I take the risk?

One more thing, any ideas on how I should find out my roommate is LGBTQA+ friendly?

Thank you in advanced everyone.

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could have a conversation about lots of political issues and bring up gay marriage as one of the issues and see how your roommate reacts. Don't initially assert your own opinion; hear your roommate's opinion first.

3. David21201

Ok, that sounds simple enough. I'm going to wear my Pride bracletes and hope they get noticed in a positive way.