1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over a Straight Crush

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by walkerhamilton, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkerhamilton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So how do I get over a crush on a guy who is straight? Because there is no way anything can happen, even though it should because he is fantastic. Anyway, I just want to stop waisting my time and energy on something thats not going to happen, ever.

Any advice??

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Distance distance distance

If he's a close friend, you really just need to take a break from talking to him. It's hard but it's the only thing that works in my experience.

3. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know exactly what you're going through right now. I also developed feelings for a guy who is straight too. It's so hard knowing you'll never be able to be with him because of your gender. You'll probably cry like I did.
    Right now, you need to distance yourself from him. Stop all contact. You need time to heal and being around him will only make it worse.

Hang in there man (*hug*)

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, distance can help, but so can just trying to look for other (hopefully gay/bi) guys. Also, try to think that it would be like a girl having a crush on you; you would want her to know it's impossible because of your orientation. So, you need to convince yourself of his orientation.

5. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Checking out other hot guys down the street also helps. Get wild with your thoughts, "I'd totally do him, or him, or him". No emotional attachment. Distractions and distance are good tactic.

6. andytimb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry I created another post on the wrong category I guess :frowning2:
    I am going throu the same situation, really painful every night and morning, my head filled up with thoughts about him, got headache with that! I tried the last few week one week not contacting him, deleted all contacts email phone whatsapp and photos taken with him, but at the end of 10 days, I could not stand any more, I killed me inside completely not seeing/talking to him. I texted him, and he was happy to talk to me, but not more than that, of course. I did not tell him that I am having a crush on him because we both are athlete (he is a real footballer, macho style, not sure if homophobic) and I am closetet to everyone, just one or very 2 know who I am.

I am checking all advises and try to apply them to see any of it could be useful for me. It helps a bit. Thanks everyone.

So walkerhamilton, how are you now with the crush? get it over already?

7. CBG

CBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am also getting over a mad crush on my best friend who I'm with 24/7. It's been really hard because she's my go to when I'm sad but she's also the reason I'm sad. Also I don't feel comfortable talking about this to any of my friends. But here are some things that are helping me:

1. Limit bitter sweet moments (like snuggling, hugging and sweet sappy moments)
    2. Schedule time away from them (including texting)
    3. Socialize and talk to other people (I've started hanging out and opening up to other friends more)
    4. Be alone but do something when you're alone (I like to read and take pictures but laying in bed makes me reminisce too much)
    5. Excercise/ go outside (easier said than done but it helps!)
    6. Hang out in groups more than one on one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.