1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing the other sex.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DeadlyKitten, Jun 15, 2015.

1. DeadlyKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is just a feeler of sorts I suppose. Hoping that I am not alone, even though I feel it.

I am a bisexual woman in my late 20s who married a couple of years ago and sometimes, I really miss the other sex. Don't get me wrong, I love my partner, and it's not only the sex, but also the different intimacies that accompany it.

Is this normal?

2. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you miss the 'other sex' (not sure which one this is), why not just cultivate a few friendships with members of that sex? Also, you could frankly and openly discuss this with your partner, and maybe (she?) would understand, and allow you to have affectionate relations with (men?), just not sexual ones (unless you both want an open relationship, but be careful broaching that topic...when my now-ex suggested it to me, my feelings got majorly hurt. I guess I'm just not 'emotionally mature' enough for the poly lifestyle.)

3. DeadlyKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think we are emotionally mature enough for an open relationship to be honest. But maybe 'affectionate' relationships are a talking point. It isn't that I want another relationship. It just preys on my mind sometimes.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Kitten,
    actually I was being facetious about open relationships being for the more 'emotionally mature'...that's why I put this in inverted commas. (I had just read an article in which this was claimed). I don't think 'emotional maturity' has anything to do with it. Sorry if my comment seemed to imply otherwise.