1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going To a Catholic School Next Year...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Posthuman666, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

As the title suggests, I am attending a catholic school next school year. I am not catholic, proud pagan, but my family is. I am not publicly out yet, but I just would like to know if anyone would have any suggestions. I'm not sure yet if it's the LGBT+ hating Catholics or the respectful ones. I do plan on coming out within the next year(s) and it's just really scary and my anxiety isn't helping.

2. David21201

Deep breaths. I'm not even that religious (like at all, but I *really* like the pagan community, My cousin(s) are in it. They get ignored a lot)

At the school just pretend. Pretend like you care, are straight, and are cis. See yourself as an actor in a cliche school TV show...that helps me.

All Catholics are different. My friend's dad is gay and Catholic. He gets both support and hate. He and his husband were also kicked out of the church once by the father (pastor??)....

Just be prepared for anything ok?

I'm here if you need anything

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, all Catholics are different. One of my best friends went to Catholic school and I swear it was WAY better than my public school in terms of being open-minded. Every time she tells me a story, I'm shocked (I'm also Catholic so I have a pretty good idea of how things tend to go).

I hope yours is like that. Otherwise, just focus on studying so you can get out.

4. Feln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even in a tolerant community you'd always find someone that is not tolerant at all. Firstly get to know how it is there, then decide what you're going to do.
    And as rubix413 said, we are the best actors on the Earth, use that sometimes :slight_smile: