1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I tell my crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by walkerhamilton, Jun 16, 2015.

1. walkerhamilton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've had a crush on someone for three years and I'm wondering if tell the person I do is going to help me get over them. I feel like life is to short to hold these feelings in. I'm not sure if this guy is straight, bi, or gay, but I'm leaning toward the straight side. Is this what people do? I know that if I told him I would not be in any danger of him or his friends hurting me, but I find it hard to just dismiss the fact that I have this crush, and it's been a long time....

What do I do?

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you've tested the waters on whether or not he's homophobic and he passes the rainbow test, the next step is assessing whether or not you want to keep your friendship. Asking out someone is always a risky step because you're not sure how they're going to react, and I'm not saying this will happen for sure but you might want to be prepared in case it does, some people will feel awkward about it and turn you down because they're not attracted to you and this can sometimes effect your friendship in a negative way. Just weigh the pros and cons of telling them and then go from there.

Keep in mind that positive things can happen if you think positive.

Good luck, I wish you the best!