1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm pretty sure he's gay but apparently he's not?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jax12, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there's this guy at work that I think it every cute. He's very sassy, flamboyant, and pretty much fits the gay stereotype. I make eye contact with him, he'll do the same.

Then my a friend of mine told me that he's not gay. She's spoken to him long time ago and he claims that while everyone at work thinks he's gay, he's actually not.

BUT I KNOW HE'S GAY. Like, I'm pretty damn sure he's gay. MY GAYDAR IS WORKING. It's more or less like intuition, but I don't know.

Has anyone been in this position before?

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I say...don't make any assumption! Just as masc gay exist, so do sassy straight men.
    But you can ask if he is straight. Technically, a bi guy is not a gay guy. That's why I answered No when my friends ask me if I were gay in truth or dare :lol:

Can't say I've been in your position, my gaydar ain't working. Everyone's straight until they say otherwise :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I have he was really cute and still is. he is the guy I would be if I was born male. when I get myself to look more manly i'm giving it a try:rolle::eusa_danc

4. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know this happened to me earlier this week. A really cute guy I met that acts pretty gay apparently isn't. I asked him up front thinking that I could give him some kind of sweet comment (him not knowing I'm gay) and he said nope so that's how it was settled. It's a shame really :/

5. GRascal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is my exact situation right now! Only difference is that everyone else I work with thinks he's straight... Then again, they all have notoriously bad gaydars (didn't pick me for 3 years).
    It's possible it's just my wish-you-were-gay-dar though, because he is ridiculously cute. Any chance that's your situation?

My advice would be to ask him if he's got a girlfriend or something along those lines. It's something I'm always happy to correct people on - he may have been closeted years ago when he was asked in the first place.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Hyper feminine straight men definitely exist, just as super macho jock gay men that "pass" as straight exist. Unfortunately, stereotypes do not always guide us.