1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I have

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pyron, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Pyron

Can I have some advice on coming out?

2. R999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell someone whom you know will be accepting. Thats what I did and let me tell you, the weight that is lifted off your shoulders when you say it out loud is like removing a billion bricks from mind. When you tell that first person your world will change. People who matter will love you for you.

Practice telling yourself in a mirror...it's hard to say out loud the first time.

3. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

Coming out can be scary. It can feel downright lonely. Sometimes it can feel like nobody gets you and everyone is against you. I tested the waters first, dropped a couple of hints: wore a pride button or got into a conversation about lgbt rights and if they reacted badly just went back into the closet and called myself a straight ally (or allie I forgot the spelling but think it's the first).

4. guitar

I agree with what the others have said: start by dropping hints. Talk about lgbt topics, maybe even just tell someone you don't know what you are, but are questioning.

You also might want to see if there's an lgbt group (like pflag) that you can go to.

You don't have to come out if you aren't ready or aren't sure. If you think coming out could get you disowned, beaten up or put in harm's way, don't do it! Find someone who you're virtually certain is accepting of lgbt people and tell them first. I would recommend telling a friend of confident first before your family - that way you have less to lose.