1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing Comes Without a Cost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Posthuman666, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

I was recently bashed by a holier-than-thou member of my overall beliefs online. I am a norse pagan, and a celtic pagan, but separate them completely. I was discussing this online and a user continued to say how I wasn't a pure heathen even though I already said I wasn't. More people said how I couldn't keep up with both.

What this helped me realized is that life, in general, comes with cost. I feel like shit after being told that my beliefs are illegitimate when I was just trying to make friends on both sides.

But...

People always say I can't do this and I can't do that. And everybody suffers from that. I think that since there are very little contradictions between the faiths that I can live both happily. But people will always do anything to make themselves feel better. Even when they share something in common.

2. iiimee

I'm an Atheist, so I might not be the best to answer this but... it shouldn't matter what other people say. Sure, it might sting, but in the end, that particular crowd of people don't agree with you. So what? It doesn't make your belief system any different. You believe in 2 things that don't contradict each other. That is a fact. Don't let them get you down, okay? What they're saying is like saying "You can't be pro-choice and a Christian at the same time". It makes absolutely no sense. Granted, abortion views and religion have nothing to do with each other really, but since they are both opinions, the comparison is valid.