1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No one believes in me, I don't even believe in myself, How can I find confidence

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dmw987, Jun 20, 2015.

1. dmw987

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 20 years old, in college, a guy whose overweight, gay, and so many issues. I am in debt from college, no scholarships, 2.5 G.P.A and may not be even able to go back due to an enlarged bursar debt. I haven't had confidence for a while now, since freshman year of high school I have had trouble. I always just tried to pass I didn't care about succeeding. But why is that? Why is it that I don't want better for myself. I have been depressed when I was in college. Made a 3.0 freshman year in college, and then it just deteriorated since then. Even before that, when I was preparing to go to college. I signed up for classes late, I just let things get way out of hand. I remember a conversation my cousin had while I was staying with them preparing to head off to my university. I hadn't signed up for classes yet, and other family members new about this. She told me that I was synonymous to "leaving a baby in a forest" Sure growing up my grandmother gave us whatever we wanted and protected us from everything. But she was a good grandmother cleaning up my mother's messes. My mother couldn't even take care of us. But she is so quick to have a conversation about how I need to step up to the plate and help out. To be honest if I wasn't in college, if I was just another 20 year old sitting at home, she wouldn't have a problem. they don't even take time to acknowledge the fact that I am in college. They just don't care. How can I find confidence in myself. I would love to lose weight, go off to graduate school become a cognitive psychologist. But It doesn't seem like its going to happen. where can I find confidence, how does one acquire it. if someone is looking to help it would be very good. Thanks

2. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Do you WANT to be in college? What are you passionate about?
    Confidence comes with affirmation from others, but also from within and from reaching goals, doing good, building character.

I always say to myself when I'm "stuck", do the next right thing. What is the next right thing for you to do? Talk this over with someone? Go on a weight loss program? Go and exercise? Hammer out a mission statement for your life? Clean up your living space? Call a person who needs encouragement? Pray for help? Quit college and get a job? Buckle down and study?

#2 Open Arms, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015