1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm stuck... (Rant)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gaynerd64, Jun 21, 2015.

1. gaynerd64

I feel like I'm missing so much opportunity because of my stupidly religious grandparents. I want to come out to people and continue my life as a gay teenager. I have met other people in my school who are LGBT and they get along fine. They also started a GSA that I desperately want to attend. Do I get to? No! My parents refuse to let me come out because it would "personally offend my grandparents". It makes me miserable to the point that I can't sleep. I feel lonely and left out. They are the only people holding me back. Has anybody else have this problem?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey (*hug*)

Listen what difference does it make if you come out at school? How will your grandparents know?

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your coming out isn't about your parents or your grandparents, it's about you. If you feel the need to come out to your classmate/school to reach happiness then do so. The chances of this slipping back to the ears of your parents (let alone grandparents) are very scarce and not really worth worrying about. After all in 2 years you'll be 18 and will technically be able to do whatever, so your grandparents will eventually find out about it at some point.
    It is your life and you only have one, it's amazing at 16 to feel so comfortable within your skin and sexuality, embrace it, your parents/grandparents will eventually get over it.

4. gaynerd64

My grandparents know some of the school's staff because they attend the same church. My history teacher would most certainly tell them everything if he found out.

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you really think they would react badly and disown you ? are your parents supportive ? could you live 'happily' if your grandparents cut you off for a while or the risk isn't worth taking in your opinion ?

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Could you secretly join a GSA outside of school? Or could you maybe go to the one at your school but try to win everyone's trust and make sure they keep quiet?