1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid Something Will Slip

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by David21201, Jun 21, 2015.

1. David21201

I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in a few weeks and I'm scared I may say something while under/coming out of anesthesia. I've done anesthesia before and secrets and things slip out. I'm afraid I may out myself. Is there any advice you guys could give me?

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Trust in doctor-patient confidentiality? You will have to inform of your surgeon about this and request them not to utter a word about the things you say under anesthesia.

3. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ooh, I just got my wisdom teeth out last Friday.

I don't know about you, but I actually was VERY coherent when I woke up from my anesthesia.

Though, I had to be sat in a wheelchair for an hour or 2 since I kept stumbling around/losing my balance as if I was drunk or something.

But yeah, you should speak to your surgeon for patient confidentiality - I mean, nobody should know something that you don't want them to know, right?

Also, if you're very concerned with accidentally spilling something, just don't worry. Try to be aware as possible when you're waking up from anesthesia.