1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever just feel completely useless and unmotivated?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Simple Thoughts, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

Lately I've just been feeling so completely useless. Like I'm a complete failure and nothing I do will ever be good enough. I don't know why, I just get into moods like this sometimes, and it's hard to get motivated when I do.

I was supposed to watch a tutorial for using photoshop CC 2014 for the past 3 weeks, but I keep putting it off and avoiding it. I dunno, I guess after I saw my last drawing I've just felt reall discouraged, it didn't come out the way I wanted, and now I'm starting to wonder if I can even do any better.

I hate when I get like this. Everytime I start to do something that could potentially turn out to be productive I just start feeling less and less motivated until I drop it alltogether and it's a habit I haven't been able to break, and when I do that it makes me feel pathetic which only makes me feel less motivated to even try.

Then again it's not like I've ever had any success when I actually tried to do something anyways.

Seriously every time I actually try and put effort into something is when I do my absolute worst.

2. anann

I know that feeling. For me it goes along with depression and the only way I have found to get out is for someone to force me to do things. It's why I can't have too much down time even though sometimes I really need a chance to rest and think about it. My only advice would be to make plans to do something with someone that won't let you back out at the last minute. Even if you just go for a walk around the block.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

3. Simple Thoughts

I don't really have that as an option. ^^"

I have like 4 friends IRL and they all work at random odd hours.

I need to buckle down and get to work. Like I had all day to get through that tutorial video and instead I've been playing video games and watching youtube videos GAH!

I dunno why I'm so hopelessly unmotivated >.<

4. BelleFromHell

That's how I felt all the time back when I used to draw. Now, I just don't anymore. I've been meaning to get back into it, but I keep putting it off.

Another example would be my language studies. I'm learning both German and Japanese. I've been practicing German on a daily basis, while I don't even remember the last time I sat down and actually studied Japanese. One reason for this is because I have an android app that let's me listen to and speak German, whereas I couldn't find one for Japanese. This app has other language courses, but no Japanese one, unfortunately.

With Japanese, all I can do is sit down and read a bunch of stuff without any natural interaction to the language whatsoever, so I wind up forgetting what I just learned seconds later. Oh, and don't even get me started on KANJI. It's so damn complicated that my only hope for learning it would be to move to Japan with a tutor and be mentally forced to remember it, and I really don't have that kind of money.

I feel like the biggest and most useless dumbass in the world. Sure, my German is far from perfect, but that's excusable. I didn't start learning German until earlier this year. I've been half-assing Japanese for 5 YEARS. There is absolutely NO excuse for that. I should be a fucking expert by now!

I hope you start to feel better soon. I know how much those feelings can suck, and I don't wish them on anyone.

5. Simple Thoughts

At least you actually started. I've wanted to learn Japanese forever. I was even gonna buy Rosetta Stone at one point, but I ended up not getting it >.>

6. BelleFromHell

Don't use Rosetta Stone. I borrowed a downloaded version from a friend of my dad's once. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't worth the money he paid for it, and I really only learned a dozen or so words from it. It doesn't explain kanji, and it uses the same format for all the other language versions.

If you're willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to learn Japanese, it's best to get a teacher or tutor.

7. Simple Thoughts

Well I don't think there are any around here ^^"

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya I know what you're going through. I've also been really annoyed by everyone and I've been getting pissed off really easily too. I just want a man! I just wanna be older! I just wanna be free damnit!

9. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I can totally relate to this. That's me a good portion of the time. I find I can get really cynical and just stop giving a flying fuck about responsibility.

10. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Simple Thoughts, check your local library's online learning/resources, they might subscribe to language learning programs that won't cost you anything (like Mango Languages or Powerspeak languages).

There's also a few apps out there but I can't remember any of them.

And I can relate. There's something I've been trying to learn (cuz it could potentially earn me bucks in the future) but I just can't seem to get started. Ugh.

11. Simple Thoughts

I can get started and even stay strong for a short period of time, but I always lose focus and motivation >.<