1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you get an awful haircut...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Celatus, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you do when you get an awful haircut? :/
    So I go in expecting things to be alright and just tell this hair stylist to trim it and she cuts it so freaking short I can't even do sh*t with the sides. My scalp is visible. It looks freaking humiliating argh. This old Asian lady was super nice but she destroyed my flow x_x
    I'm not even that picky, but it genuinely looks awful. And I have to work tomorrow and go to some summer thing for my college where I'll be around all these people. F*ck.
    I just have to wait until it grows out enough and then I'll probably have to have another stylist fix the dam thing so I don't look more ridiculous. As a kid I used to hate getting haircuts and was really sensitive to changing my hair. Probably a gay thing haha. Has anyone else ever had a terrible haircut they remember?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya oh my gosh I remember when I was 3 I was a pain in the ass to give a haircut too and I moved around too much and this lady accidentally shaved way too much hair right above my hair. Then once in 4th grade she cut my bangs at an odd size and it looked horrible.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't remember one incident where I got a bad haircut. I've been with the same hairdresser since I was a child, and she's never messed up my hair. Sure, I've had regrets of getting a specific cut, sometime down the line, but never had a bad cut imo.

The good thing about hair is, it grows back. I'm sorry you're not happy with your haircut. I hope it grows back quickly and you can get it back to its former glory (*hug*)

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to get my hair cut short on the sides but leave it a little longer in the front so I can style it. One day there was a hairstylist training school that was offering free haircuts with a suggested donation to a local children's hospital, so I went. She left it too long in the front that I looked like Bob's Big Boy (the mascot from a chain of diners) and I made my mom trim like an inch off while she laughed at me.

5. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My last haircut I wanted my hair cut like to halfways down my neck and they cut it a little above my chin. I looked god-awful thank goodness it's grown to where I want it now.
    I always kinda wanted to cut it pixie-short but my parents told me it would look bad... So I'm afraid of going through with that. My head is really round. Do round heads look ok with pixie cuts??

6. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I once walked out of the hairdresser's with a hidious double bob or whatever it's called. I'd asked to have my hair lightened. That was when I was really young though. Now I love my hairdresser and she's amazing. Though if I sleep with my hair wet, I wake up looking like one of those cartoon things when the character sticks a fork in a plug. So yeah... in that case, I wear a beanie or baseball cap. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:49 AM ----------

Same, I still want a pixie cut though... :dry:
    Talk about it with your hairdresser. I cut my hair short, but not short short (if this makes any sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) It's an asymetrical bob, or something. Anyway, I love it; it's short and it suits me. You need something that suits you, and pixies don't suit most round faced people.

7. TraceElement

A few years ago, I was trying to find a new hairdresser because mine was charging $45 and I couldn't afford it anymore. I went to a hairzoo (haircut chain) and asked for a "number 2 on the sides and 2 inches off the top, with it blended in between." The sides were inconsistent, my neck was zig zagged, and didn't know how to cut my bangs. Needless to say, I was wearing baseball hats for a few weeks and found a good hairdresser.

8. Justinian20

I hated so many of my haircuts, but I've found a really good hairdresser, I remember that when I said trim, this lady made my hair all short and I just wanted her to trim my hair. In the shopping centre is where I found the good hairdressers, now I feel satisfied every time, they never cut too much hair, only the stuff I want off.

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All I can do is sympathize. I have had SO many bad haircuts. I have really thick hair, and it tends to get pretty curly/puffy. Apparently very few are skilled at cutting my type of hair.

10. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad tried giving me a Mohawk and ended up cutting my ear.

11. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff!!

I always try something new or at least rotating style every 3 to 5 weeks...
    but i know that i'm comfortable with Crew cuts, buzz cuts and under cuts (basically anything with very short hair).

i tried pompadour once and really hate it, i ended up buzz cutting it myself 2 days after i got that haircut

12. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My aunt got this terrible haircut. She asked to get it trimmed a specific way in the back and they shaved off the hair on the middle of the back of her head. She had to wear a hat for weeks.

13. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At least it will grow back. But if you don't like it, trying wearing a hat.

You could seriously rock an ivy cap.