1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cargo Pants?!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DreamerBoy17, Jun 23, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't really a serious thing, but I'm just asking for opinions.
    I love cargo pants. They have lots of pockets for the ten pounds of crap I'm contantly carrying and they're comfortable. I'm going on a road trip out west that will involve nature trails and an overall need for those pockets! Most of my current pants are simple cloth ones with no pockets or jean shorts that are uncomfortable. Now, I'm not really a "butch" lesbian but I am rather tomboyish. My dad and I have been to several stores but the only kind we can find are really short ones that are mainly stylish and not functional. My dad, being the traditionalist he is, is kind of hesitant towards buying me anything under men's clothing, but it doesn't bother me as long as I get my freaking pockets. I'm just a little worried he'll think I'm trying to be more stereotypical (he thinks I'm bisexual, I'm too nervous to officially come out as gay).
    Anyhow, what are your experiences with either inconvenient clothes or this type of thing? Is this normal for some LGBT kids?

2. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

no no no clothes is just clothes it's not just a lgbt kid thing when growing up I know females that dress more like a guy then as a girl cause the boy clothes felt comfortable same for me remember if the clothes make you feel comfortable wear them cause clothes have nothing to do with your gender or your sexuality

---------- Post added 23rd Jun 2015 at 02:12 PM ----------

these female was not even apart of the lgbt group they just like boy clothes more then girl clothes

3. Natasha Elyssa

I love cargo pants myself. They're very comfortable, especially tactical or combat cargo pants. They're awesome, and plenty of girls wear them. You can probably find some real cargo pants for girls online. Stores never have anything good these days. Also try police or military surplus stores for some pretty cool cargo pants. :slight_smile: <3

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am always in long jeans (Colder weather) or capri jeans (Warm weather). I can't stand pants without pockets, and I really like the versatility of jeans/denim. I prefer pants with pockets because I carry my phone with me, and I also sometimes like to tuck my hands into my pockets.

5. choirsmash

I was actually surprised at how many girls at my school shopped in the men's section. They don't wear men's clothes all the time, but they do it sometimes. I shop there, too. If I want a t-shirt with a normal cut and pants that have actual pockets, I have to shop in the men's section since women's clothing companies don't seem to understand the revolutionary ideas of pockets and comfort. It's not just an LGBT thing, everyone does it at some point

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember a while ago, I pointed out that, exceptwhen getting into formalwear, there isn't really a guys department. What is typically labeled "Mens" in the department stores is actually unisex.... I have a rather large wardrobe, and may not need to do nearly as much of a wardrobe purge with my transition as my transgendered brothers in the community will.