1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BEbm, Jun 29, 2015.

1. BEbm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, I am 36 years & my partner is a year older. She & I have been in & out of this relationship for many years now. First I blamed the distance since we were working in different states. Then I decided to change my work place to solve the problem but even after that she seem to have an issue. I guess she is too afraid of what others, her mother in particular, will think of her. There are times, like now, where she will just stay away from me & remain silent. She was the one who took the initiative to begin this relationship. I took time to comprehend & when I finally realized that she meant a lot to me, I committed myself to the relationship. But when my partner does this, it can get quite painful. We love each other, I know that. I wish I could do something to help her.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2015 at 09:27 AM ----------

A couple of times I told her that she needed to accept herself but she would just push me away. Then she would come back & we would have a great time together. But the moment she hears people say something about her tomboy looks & behaviour, she would get offended & stay away from me.

2. Goats

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would just talk with her, be open, and try to sort it all out, but what do I know.

3. BEbm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The problem is when she does this she refuses to even talk to me. Thanks for replying.

4. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe try talking to her privately online? That way she may not find it so intimidating and she can be away from people when she is talking to you?? Even just an email, where you can say everything in one shot, out in the open, so at least you know you tried your very best. An email would be a way of doing this without having her be able to walk away. Maybe give that a shot?

5. BEbm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks. Will try that.

6. BEbm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I wrote to her online. She replied by saying that she has changed. That she is no longer the same person she used to be & she suggested that I change too. I'm facing a wall here. Can anyone else understand her? I know that she had relationships with other women before me, though she denied that later. I miss her. We use to enjoy each other's company. Somehow I have a feeling she misses me too but is not strong enough. What to do? I don't want to say anything else to her now.