1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what can I do, help pls

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by osama, Jul 1, 2015.

1. osama

Hello there,
    my name is osama abuomar, I am 22 years old and I live in (west bank - Palestine), I just graduated computer engineering, and I've never spoke to anyone about this..
    i just need to empty whats inside of me, so please excuse me..
    i live a sad and awkward life since i was 6. i was born gay and i know am gay for sure, nobody knows about that in my family. I always stay alone at home because I don't have friends. I used to when I was a kid, but now it's been almost 8 years without anyone to talk to.
    It's because I am gay my life is completely damaged. the community where I live in hate gay people, If they found out that am gay they may kill me (for real). I really don't know what to do.
    I am an Arab - muslim, Islam also hates gays just like cristianity.
    please help with some advices. I just want to live.
    and sorry for my bad english.

2. Ashleigh16

First don't apologize about the English. Second if you need a friend you are more than welcome to talk to me anytime. Is there any way you can go somewhere else? Or is that not an option?

3. m e l v i n

ohhh.. i feel the same sometimes.. though i'm in a relatively more lgbt-friendly place and have good friends around, i still feel alone at times because i'm not out yet too and i had no one to talk to about it irl >_< do you have plans on moving to another country? somewhere safer.. (*hug*)

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Osama
    Welcome to EC!!!

You have taken an important step in writing here.
    Continue to discuss your situation and it will help to hear other people responding

You are of an age where damage can still be repaired and you will soon be able to make new " life decisions" that serve you. Not others!

Hug

5. osama

Thank you guys, i really appreciate this.

6. warthog

Osama hello,

Many people go through this so don't fret.
    There is a thread on Religious Vs Sexual identity, and the info there is helpful with regards to your own personal feeling on the matter.
    Advice, and as melvin asked : can you get out of there ? in a more relaxed location you can at least explore yourself and find out what's what. in any case, there are plenty of people here whom can help, you can message someone for support.

best of luck

7. AKTodd

Hi Osama, Welcome to EC :smilewave

As others have said, if you can leave where you are and move to a more accepting part of the world, that would be a good thing to do. There you could be yourself, and have the chance to make friends and meet people who like you for you and aren't going to care if you're gay.

In the meantime, EC is a very friendly place where you can find all kinds of people to talk to. There are also other LGBT Muslims here who post from time to time.

On a related note, there is a movement within Islam to reject the super conservative and anti-gay approach that current dominates. In a few places in Europe and America (and South Africa) there are gay friendly mosques. See the links:

Link

Link

Link

They are small and there aren't a lot of them, and they often keep a low profile for probably obvious reasons. But they are there and if you wished, you might leave where you are now and find one so that you could practice Islam as a gay man.

Best,

Todd

8. Faazi

Ahlayn Osama. I hear your pain and hope you find a place where you belong. Talk to as many people on this forum to help you find your place in this world. Just talking to people will help you feel less alone ... many hugs to you ... there is the group ASWAT that is active n your part of the world. It is for gay, Palestinian women, but I am sure they will help you connect with gay men whom you can connect with. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)