1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future scares me...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by anonymoususer00, Jul 2, 2015.

1. anonymoususer00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've recently started to accept that I'm trans (M to F), and a while ago I came out as bisexual. Now I'm scared that my future will be entirely loveless. The reason is because I don't want to get any surgery, which means I will be female with male genitals. This will probably put off straight guys (because of male genitals), gay guys (because of my female identity), straight women (because of my identity), and gay women (because of male genitals). The only people (probably) that could ever date me would be bisexual, and now I'm worried that I'll have a future without love.

Thoughts? Advice? Help?

2. Lyana

Hey,
    It's normal to be scared of the future, but don't let it stop you from being true to yourself. Trans people can face a ton of hard situations, but that doesn't mean you're doomed to a loveless future.

For one thing, it isn't true that only bi people will date you. Some bi people wouldn't date a trans person. Some straight and gay people would. And I'm not just saying that.

For example: I have a bi, trans guy friend who has been on T for almost 6 months, and he was presenting male (and mostly stealth) when he met his current girlfriend. He hasn't had surgery, either, and she identifies as straight -- but she absolutely sees him as a guy and finding out he was trans didn't change that. It's possible. I promise.

I know there are women on here dating trans women, too.

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think many people would still date you. You also forgot pansexuals. The only thing they need in your pants is love.

4. anonymoususer00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks guys ☺️
    Making my future sound a lot nicer

5. BluhImCourtney

There was some badass quote that I remember someone saying, not sure if it was on here or youtube or something, but here it is:

"I'm a lesbian; I like girls, not vaginas."

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual/pansexual people shouldn't have any problem with it, and it's not like we have a shortage of such people.

7. anonymoususer00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is the best quote I've seen in my life ☺️