1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to let go?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Spacewalker, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Spacewalker

How to let go someone that once meant the world to you? How not to wish they were still in your life? I can't seem to erase a person from my life I have a past with...

2. June Cleaver

Only time can do that. Move on to new friends not any part of the person, no pics around, no contact in any way, only then will you move on. Not to say if you truly are in love that will ever change, but you will love again and hopefully learned from the experience. I have loved twice now and finally I am about ready for a third if it ever happens. I do still love both of them, but know neither can ever be... I pray for their happiness and good fortune where ever they are. The second I left September of 2014 and have been feeling good again for a couple months now to give you a timeline for me, but I moved and completely disappeared to shake him as it was really June 2014 when I broke it off, but he would not let go which made it impossible for me to move on. You did not give the specifics of your situation, but we did live together legally residing at the same address which he left in June 2014 to return randomly hurting me until I left town walking from my home for my own sanity. So how quickly you move on depends on you and how you handle the situation really and also if it is deep love rather than lust which fades as soon as you lust again. June

#2 June Cleaver, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made a similar post asking the same question. It helped me when I completely cutoff my communication with him and left it at that for now. I'm taking it a day at a time, and if we want to chat and remain as friends, then great, if not then that's how it's gonna be. I still care and think about him a lot, but that's all I can do right now. I can't let the experience stop me from finding someone else out there, I have to move on.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! In addition to cutting off all communication as it was suggested above, I would suggest to put away everything that reminds you of them. Get a box, place all the items in there, and store it somewhere so that it is out of sight. The other thing to do would be to get to know new people, do things that you like, and purse a new hobby. Newness in your life can make a difference as often times new (and perhaps exciting) things will cause enough of a distraction for your thoughts/mind so not to go wandering back to what was.

Also, try not to fight the thoughts about your past relationship. The more you try to fight them and trying to erase the past, the stronger they will become. If you find yourself thinking about the person, just acknowledge the thoughts, but don't give them time to take hold.

5. Spacewalker

Thank you all for your advices and making clear it's time to move on.
    Everything in me is against that but I think I just have to do it and take the next step.
    Thank you!:slight_smile: