1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why are my parents picking on me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Justinian20

Ever since I've come out to them, they pick on me and target me with everything, they say im doing everything wrong and nothing right. You know what I think they cause my low self esteem, by just putting me down. I have made mistakes but they pick on me every time I make a mistake, it's making me so angry, I just want to tell them to shove off and stay away from me because I'm happy when they are gone and I'm at home by myself.

They are so bloody homophobic and they hid it very well, I just hate them picking on me, what did I even do to deserve all this. They just hate me and don't understand why I don't want to share anything with them. They will also deny everything they say when I bring it up with them.

I need to vent about them here because they are just so homophobic and good at hiding it, but I guess the signs were there, they called LGBT people in private, weird and they made comments that to me are downright disgusting. And to my mother, gods little people can be disabled and they are perfect but gay men, no they are a curse on this world. I hate my parents so much and this hate will not go away. They never truly listen to me although I listen to them. They always just deny everything they say is wrong.

Most of this applies far more to mum, but dad can be a little bad, but in all honesty I don't hate my father because he doesn't hide it behind being nice, he always picked on me even when I was young. But my mother I would say is more evil, all the worst actions come from her. My dad supports her of course but if my parents got divorced, bye forever mother, because you are the worst of the two evils.

2. Posthuman666

That must be hard (*hug*). It's not fair for anyone to treat another person like that, gay or not. No one should have to go through that, ever.

Homophobes are very good at disguising their beliefs, until the concept of LGBT people come up. I can't imagine what it's like to be treated like that.

Maybe you should bring this up to them. Tell them that you are hurt when they say things like that. You deserve the right to be happy, especially in your own home
    Stand up for yourself, don't let them beat you down.

If you ever need anything, feel free to message me.

3. Justinian20

I told them but again they say I don't understand what they mean, they also deny they say it when I use an example. They call me too sensitive and they make me hate them even more I'm so nervous when I get my marks, because I know I failed two subjects this semester at uni and yet mom just wants to see my marks, and I hate how she is going to react by calling me worthless, and saying uni is too hard for me, it actually isn't I just wasn't super invested this semester.

She also refuses to let me do things by myself saying I need support from her. I just wish she'd go back to respecting those things like she did before I came out to her, but knowing her she won't listen and she'll be a complete bitch to me.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I can only imagine what you are going through on a regular basis. (*hug*)

You don't say whether you are financially dependent on your parents but if you can start becoming financially independent/self-sufficient so to put into place the foundations for you to be able to move out, that might help your own well-being. As you are studying at the university, is it possible for you to live on campus?

In addition to what you have already mentioned to your mom, have you ever tried saying to your mom in no uncertain terms that what she is doing is chipping away at your self-worth and is essentially driving you away form her/your parents?

5. Lindsey23

I'm so sorry you're going through this. My mom was like that too. It sucks so much. I wish I had some good advice but all I can say is you're not alone. (*hug*)

6. Justinian20

I am not financially independent, but because I didn't show her my marks, she has banned me from internet and video games, I'm not giving in to her that is all I'm going to say. I bet though she'll go behind my back. I just hate her so much, but I will go through all this cause on the other side is a boyfriend and me finally being happy for a very long time.

I also have tried telling her about her making me feel worthless but she never listens and pins it all back on me calling me selfish and saying that I am the problem. Everytime I try to tell her she just attacks me. I'm sorry but on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I'm going to the shopping centre for the whole day and I don't care what they say. I need to escape my household while my mom is home. I can't take her unnecessary attacks on me.