1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letting go

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sunny464, Jul 5, 2015.

1. sunny464

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How do you let go of someone your in love with? We are friends but it won't be more and it hurts me. Every time I think I'm over them, we meet up and it all comes flooding back.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

You start liking someone else.

3. DAXIII

I've never been that emotional so I can't say. But just recognize it is not going to happen.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! Sometimes, and as hard as this is going to be, creating physical and emotional distance is the only way to let go, giving yourself the chance to move on. Maybe try not meeting up for a longer period of time and putting everything away that reminds you of your friend for the time being. As part of creating distance, try to pursue new things - say for example a new hobby, create some new friendships. This could help you in turning the page.

5. confusedbubble

As mirko said create distance between you and the other person trust me it gets easier, pursue other hobbies or find new people to hang out with that's what I did