1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about going to pride

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ilovesg, Jul 5, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friend invited me to go to pride with him next month and I really want to go, but there are a few things I'm worried about. We don't have a way to get there because neither of us drive, and I don't know what to tell my mom if we end up having to take the bus. It's possible that one of our straight friends could drive us, but I don't think they're really interested in going. I also don't want to lie to my mom about where I'm going, but I don't want her to ask questions about why I'm going. I could just tell her I'm going to support my friend, but I think she's suspicious because I wear a rainbow bracelet lol. Another thing is that my aunt lives in the city where pride is and I think she goes sometimes. I don't want to see her there and then have to have an awkward conversation. She would also tell my mom she saw me. Even though my aunt is a lesbian and she would be supportive, I am still not ready to come out to my family and I don't think they're ready either.

2. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hellooo lol

3. David21201

Haha my Pride's next month too! (August)

I'd go and say you are being supportive of LGBTQ+ and honestly I'd ask your aunt to take you. Tell her you and your friend would like to go and see what its like. I also have family that live in the town where pride is at.

If you need anything else message me!

4. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine was just awful.
    I could breathe with all the weed and tabacco in the air.

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest I wouldn't worry too much about being seen and having to explain yourself. I've been to a lot of Pride parades in my time and almost all of them have had quite a few straight people there. I would never assume anything about someone's sexuality based on their presence at the event.

6. Van

Van

You have a lesbian aunt? Gurrl, call her! Ask her to come with you and your friend. You can always tell her that you're not ready to come out to your family, I'm sure she'll understand.