1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whispers, giggles and eyerolls

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KJA, Jul 8, 2015.

1. KJA

KJA

I always thought I had developed a thick skin in general, but this is going to drive me nuts. And none of it is probably new to anyone here... 2 events in the last week fall in this category.

First one I was at a local adult store. I figure to make a purchase or two that I had been wanting for a long time but never had the courage to buy, and I will leave the "what" to your imagination... Anyhow, checking out, the woman at the counter was being pleasant enough. She's probably seen more than her share of interesting buys in her time. After the purchase and I'm about to leave, she tells me "Enjoy your evening" and rolls her eyes. I was like "WTF". You don't *do* that, you don't mock and embarrass your customers at a place like that. I don't ever plan to return to that store, it pissed me off so much.

Second event happened this morning. I needed a new bottle of nail polish. I don't try passing at this point, it would be fruitless this early in the process, but I do the nail polish, since it is something that generally slips under the radar. Looking over the rack, a couple of the younger girls that work there are apparently amused the by middle aged gentlemen in the cosmetic aisle looking at nail polish and make up. I can hear them a ways off commenting to each other and giggling. At me, I know, since they are looking my way and I am the only one in that part of the store.

I ignored them, but seriously. Is the mocking to make themselves feel superior over someone doing a non-traditional activity? :eusa_clap

I do realize that if this is the worst that I get, I should feel lucky. A lot of you have had it a lot worse off, and I might too down the road, but I just needed to vent a bit.

Cheers

2. DAXIII

People are going to give you flak for just about everything in this world. Honestly just do you, most people are too inhibited to actually be themselves in public. Some are too scared to even wander into an adult store. Just pay them no mind, and yes be lucky that's the worst you're getting.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first time in an adult store - with a male friend of mine accompanying me - was awkward, to say the least. The cashiers kept looking at us and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. I made a purchase and ended up throwing it away after a couple of months of it just "gathering dust". I wasn't happy with it, but the cashiers made me so nervous and uncomfortable that I couldn't even think straight. I haven't had the guts to go to an adult store again since. That was just under 6 years ago :icon_redf

I think those eyerolls, whispers and giggles were really immature of those people. I have nothing more to say. They need to grow the fuck up. Honestly!