1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a quick question about guys looking at me and smiling

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I sometimes feel that when some guys are smiling at me, they are laughing at how I dress. Like today I went out in a beanie and tight black jeans, a burgundy and black coloured jumper with a blue flower shirt underneath(not Hawaiian shirt). I am confident wearing these clothes but I think that some people are laughing at me. I just want to know how can I tell the difference between a guy smiling at me because of a multitude of reasons and a guy who is making fun of me and laughing at me.

2. DAXIII

I think that sounds kind of cute personally.

3. Fentrion

I don't think you can know that, unless you're very intuitive or psychic.

But if you're particularly bothered by this, you can just wear different clothes.

I would definitely like a world where I can wear anything I want without being judged or laughed at, but this world is far from it.

4. Van

Van

Why would he, though? He should wear whatever he feel comfortable in!

5. Fentrion

I sort of figured that statement would be bothersome to some.

You have implicitly answered your own question. He should wear whatever he feels comfortable in, but he can't do that if he feels uncomfortable by people laughing at him.

That is unless he is intent on stopping every single person who laughs at him, which would be.. impractical.

6. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Outer smile, inner darkness. When a smile is designed to signal disapproval, dislike or even hatred, it is ten time bigger than a natural smile. That's because the smile is designed to make a point and they want to make sure you see it.