1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interview coming up but can't remember what that job description is

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ticklish Fish, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Ticklish Fish

this is slightly urgent i guess as my interview is on tuesday, but i applied weeks ago to this job where i can have interview next tuesday.

however, when I go back to the job online site where i applied, when i click on what jobs i submitted and stuff, it won't show up for some reason.

and now i have no idea what that job description is and i vaguely remember what i applied for. I emailed the web master/tech people and i have until monday when they respond to see if i can pull anything up.

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you do end up being interviewed without knowing what the job is, let the interviewer do most of the talking. Ask questions about the job clarifying details to get an idea of the larger picture. Say things that make you sound like a good employee in any job. Be only specific enough.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does the name of the company or organisation offer any clue as to the nature of the job you applied for?

4. Oh Lilac

Ask how a typical day in that role would go.

5. You can do the following:

Didn't they tell you what job you were interviewing for when they called and told you that you had an interview?

I've never had an interview in which they did not tell me what job I was interviewing for.

If you applied for multiple just tell them that you applied for mulltiple ones at that company and you were sure which one you were being called for. Their next question will be, "oh what else did you apply for?" If you do not know or remember, you'll sound a bit odd so maybe do not ask them.

when you meet with them, they will say something like, why did you apply for this. or tell me what you think the job will entail.

why did you apply for this. hone in on your skills and say you think that they would be great for the role. keep it general.

then follow that up with, "i'm on the outside looking in, id' love to hear more about what the role is like in the real world." then hopefully they will tell you and you can take it from there.