1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion advice for a closet queer

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by iced espresso, Jul 11, 2015.

1. iced espresso

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone,
    So, I am closeted, and due to homosexuality being illegal in my country, and because my family's faith does not allow it, I intend to stay in the closet. However, I still want the lgbt community to know that I am still part of them. Will wearing rainbow clothes be too obvious? Or will people think that I am a woman who likes rainbows?

I want to buy this shirt, but I wonder if it'll be too obvious...

Love Wins - 3ciety

Also, I found this bracelet a few days ago, and I wore it out yesterday without any incidents. I wonder if it counts as a rainbow bracelet? I mean, it's the closest thing to a pride bracelet that I have in my possession.

http://i.imgur.com/fV5ay5y.jpg

I hope I can have pride accessories that are subtle enough, but still serve their purpose.

Thanks for your help!

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The shirt may be somewhat obvious, but depending on the repercussions of being accused of being gay, it may be trivial enough to slide below the radar. Besides if you are accused of being a homosexual, one shirt is hardly credible evidence.

The bracelet doesn't really scream "rainbow" to me honestly. It's colorful, but I didn't think gay pride when I saw it.