1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Selena, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Selena

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey. This is my first post on this site, and I thought I should take a moment to say hello. To be honest, I'm here because of my loneliness; it's why I signed up in the first place. Furthermore, I don't my sexuality. I figure the term most applicable to me right now is bisexual, for I'm attracted to both genders, but I lack any experience with women. To clear this up for you, I'm a lonely and confused sixteen year old girl. No boy has ever wanted to talk to me, no girl either. I'm invisible, boring and plain. Romantic love is something I've never had, and it hurts. It hurts unbearably at times, and really, this is just one of those times. I live in a small community, where everyone knows everyone, and being anything but straight is strange and appalling. All my life I've been overlooked and treated as though I wasn't there. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, because I don't know what I'm expecting or what I'm looking for from whoever's reading this. If this is even being read at all.

2. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and welcome to EC!

Yup, I read it all :slight_smile:. You will definitely find support here and I hope you read through others' stories too because you will find people who have similar stories that you can relate to. (*hug*) This alone has been very helpful to me. :thumbsup:

3. Feline

Feline Guest

Hello Selena, and Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

One of the reason why I joined was because of loneliness too, and I was very skeptical as well. But it has helped me to find this safe space and the caring people in it, as well as caring for others who may be in similar or different situations than my own.

I know how loneliness can choke the soul and crush the heart, but you're not alone in here, feel free to try and be/discover yourself and meet others that are on similar journeys. There's a lot of people here more than willing to help (myself included). Don't hesitate to reach us. :slight_smile:

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, welcome!
    I joined here because of loneliness too. I had two friends then, and they weren't always available, and I came here to look for friends. This place is really awesome, soon you'll find friends here~
    Most people here are very accepting and non judge mental, so you will it in :slight_smile:

And, if you want a friend, I'd love to be one. :slight_smile:

5. Hachi

Another one here from loneliness! I felt stifled and unable to talk to anyone in my life about what was going on with me, and EC has been a great place for me to not only vent but to read about other people struggling with similar things. It makes me feel less alone to know that others have similar struggles.

I know how you feel though - I grew up in a TINY town where everyone knew everyone, everyone was straight, and I just felt so small. I know you've probably heard this before, but you are young and romantic love will find you.

Like everyone else has said, if you need a friend or someone to talk to, my online door is always open :slight_smile:

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Selena. The l-word isn't foreign to me either. I'm glad to have you here. There are lots of nice people here who will like you.
    See you around.

7. syds

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I totally get you, Selena. I'm 18 and have ever been in a relationship either and I get lonely, too. This website has really helped me feel like I am not alone even though I have only been on it a few days. I have found EC to be really eye opening to the diversity within the LGBT community and it's so cool to see. I really hope you find EC to be as helpful as I have. I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to.

8. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely get the whole socially awkward thing. Well actually here I'm not too bad but in person I'm a kind of a mild sociopath. I like to think that I'm a social butterfly but that's all under false pretenses because I can never seem to create situations where I can interact with others. Or if they come about naturally through conversation or whatever else I usually say something stupid and make it more awkward and embarrassing. But at least being bisexual the odds of finding someone you like are doubled. Anyway welcome to EC Selena and I hope you'll grow to enjoy the people you meet in this great community. :thumbsup:

#8 sunshinebi, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015