1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend is dating the guy i like

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dominos, Jul 14, 2015.

1. dominos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    okay well i had a crush on this guy forever and i think my friend lets call him E knew i did.Well i go away for a month of the summer and i come back and they are dating and it is so awkward because i had a crush on this guy for years but always to scared to say anything. Now we all hang out in a big group of friends together and i just dont know what to do. i try to pretend everything fine but my friends seem to tell something wrong they just don't know what.Because i act so distant when im around them because every time i see them together. i don't get filled with jealousy or nothing just why did you do this to me. why am i having to see this. ya know?? i get really upset they been dating for a while and my feelings still haven't changed and i get so angry when around them and i don't like that. what should i do?? to get over this.

2. Feline

Feline Guest

I understand the discomfort that this can cause. But the anger that you hold on to is only going to hurt you more, and may even lead you to do or say something you might regret later.

So, you are not sure if your friend E knew about your situation before dating this guy? Did you ever talk to E directly about liking the guy that is now his boyfriend? Maybe he wasn't aware, I doubt they did it just for the purpose of hurting you, don't see it that way.

It's good that the group is big, so you can try to not focus on them but on the other people, try to have fun and not obsess over them. Is there any other friend you could talk about this to? It could help you feel heard and start to move on.

I know it hurts, but you'll get over it in time, and there is more people out there that you'll meet.

Good luck!