1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriend advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lovehurts, Jul 15, 2015.

1. lovehurts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's been a while since I've been on here. So basically this is what's happening, I've been dating my girlfriend for 8 months and it hasn't been easy. We're both 18 and she lives with her family who hasn't been accepting. They've gone as far as cutting her off from the world by taking away her phone, laptop, etc, and being driven around everywhere in efforts to keep me and all of her friends away. This all happened for 2 months before my girlfriend decided to get away from her family and stay with a friend for a week. She returned home and things were so much better, we could talk and even hang out. I think things turned around because her parents didn't think we would last this long. Within the last couple weeks, things have been getting bad again, she fights with her parents every night and last night I received a message from her mom telling me the two of us are done which I know we're not. I love my girlfriend more than anything and am planning on purpose get to her this time next year, so long as things go well. The tough part, is that she leaves for college in about a month out of state. It's going to be difficult to see her because her mom has already threatened to not help her pay for college if she comes back just to see me. I know we're young, and it may seem crazy, but I love this girl with everything in me. I'm scared I might not be able to see or talk to her the rest of the time she's here and I know that her parents have said if she leaves again to a friends house, they won't help her pay for college. If anyone has any advice or would just simply be a shoulder to lean on, it would help. Thank you so much.

2. starm

18 she is old enough to be independent, and that taking away phone laptop is theft. Do you have a car yet, you could visit her that way. I think visiting them to try to calm the situation, they may accept it?

3. C0smic

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well if you really want her then you should keep trying. I would Not give up, even if she moves away.Try and get through to her parents.

4. Feline

Feline Guest

I'm sorry you're going through this... what her parents are doing it's a very cruel thing to do, and it is not right to treat any human being in this way, they are not respecting their daughter's decisions nor her needs. Trying to use any power they have over her to force her to bend to their will.

I think that if you both love each other, and that if you both are willing to fight for each other, you will find a way to be together, or at least to communicate. Be patient, don't rush. If she can't have her laptop or phone, maybe there will be computers or public phones at her college, or maybe you can manage to find a way to go visit her from time to time, I doubt her parents could interfere on this. Surely there will be other opportunities.

Best of luck! And you're not alone, feel free to look for me if you need someone to talk to. :slight_smile:

5. Finny Fummy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i totally know how her situation is i got my phone,laptop,wii u, basically anything with internet taken away for talking to a bi sexual girl which my parents said shes "mental" and same thing happen when i got caught getting affection from a girl like hugging and kissing :confused:

the only thing i never ran away because i dont have any friends to take me in and like her i fight with my parents too honestly when the word gay is brought in when my family is talking i get bad memorys while they are being all homophobic around me :icon_sad:

i found a iphone 3gs around the house though which i used a app called textfree to talk to her in secert well one month later she said she didnt love me anymore and we were breaking up i heard from friends that she said " well its just we never saw each other i want a real relationship! and we were a secert plus her mom scares me" :frowning2: which suck is even after MY mom told me to broke off the relationship i didnt but wher her mom said to do it she did right away and went right away to tell me she didnt care about me and to just get over her she got mad cause i said i was heartbroken :tears:

so im begging you please dont hurt her like what happen to me if you really love her stay dont give up like what others do which im guessing you would never do that my advice is to be there and dont give up things will get hard and there will be time you dont hear her voice or even see her face but if you guys know better hearts can connect to each other so even if you are far away your hearts are connected also get through with the parents their going to be stubborn as hell :tantrum: but you need to try and if it doesnt work out then i will suggest to be very secertive or to get a old phone and dowload that textfree app once you guys are out of college you can stay together without her parents trying to ruin it so never ever give up it will get better(*hug*)

if you like video games picture it like this

the evil ruler :icon_twis put you in a stage where you have to survive and find the princess (your girlfriend) and defeat a bunch of monsters (bad memorys, her parents, struggles) trying to hurt you so you wont be able to find her but your a hero even if your just a normal human being you wont give up sometimes you will think your almost about to get a gameover but a fairy always to come and pick you up and heal your wounds (friends,good memorys,love, the princess,family) and you go and fight once more the way the stage end is what happens in the future and what you do!:icon_bigg just a little hint the evil ruler like to put out puzzles in everyone's life so dont let him get the best out of you as to how the stage ends is up to you plus we dont have a pause button in this game the clock continues to move but anywho gooooood luck :goodevil: DONT GIVE UP :thumbsup:

6. lovehurts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Finny Fummy thank you so much for the great advice, it's some one the best I've heard in the last 8 months. I'm very sorry to hear that you had your heart broken that way, but thank you for sharing and letting me know that my girlfriend and I aren't alone in this. Our entire relationship hasn't been easy, we've always had to fight to see and even just talk to each other but have always found a way, I don't want to and won't leave her, I fully believe that I'm going to marry this girl and I know she feels the same. I just really wish her family would willing to give me and our relationship a chance but I understand that, that isn't very likely. It's so nice to be able to talk to people who have gone through my situation to shed their knowledge and help my girlfriend and I find our way. I'm truly thankful for the support, knowledge and love I've received in a great time of need. Much love and know that I won't give up!

7. Finny Fummy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    well thats great and your welcome i just couldnt help relate :grin: to this and ya know some parents never change if they still dont approve then forget them they had their own marriage now they should allow you guys have yours maybe they will change in the future but who knows only the clock will say if the clock brings you goood luck then perhaps they will regret what they done dont let the monsters bring you down and the evil ruler to take over :starwars: in the meantime your mission is to get to the goal to the future you wish to have :eusa_ange you see when people are protecting something truly special to them they truly can become as strong as they can be