1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Given up

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sebulba, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been really upset lately, and i have realized there is nothing that can be done. I have too much wrong with me. I suffer from asperger's and adhd, and possibly other things. It is impossible for me to make friends and yet i really need some right now. i also find myself wanting a relationship, and i know that's not going to happen for sure. i do not know what to do, i rarely get to go out, and i get so bored of sitting here doing nothing. i feel like i am alone on a planet of over 7,000,000,000. i feel terrible and disgusting. And so, i have given up on searching, as i am just a waste of time. :tears:

2. Finny Fummy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i am the same. im always trapped at home im not allowed to go out or have friends over and my phone been taken so many if i speak to my friends im also suicidal and stuff but please listen you have a whole life ahead of you im just a teenager chained up in a cage with a taped mouth
    your 20 years old im pretty sure there's a guy out there wanting to go out but believes they cant like you :tears: you just need to find them (*hug*) you can use dating sites or social media or go to new places walk around in the streets (not the bad ones:tantrum: ) and find some fellas and i know its difficult but look IM HERE you can talk to me :grin:

please pick up your sword and keep fighting the game isn't over yet you still have a whole life to look forward for may not seem that way right now but just wait your probably bored as heck like me and given up hope but it will surprise you when a big star comes and brings joy my advice: keep searching i know you can even though you say you quit you know deep inside you don't want to quit tell yourself everyday "I WONT QUIT" write a bunch of sticky notes saying to not quit do what you gotta do

this is a puzzle you been given in your life a difficult one but i know you can complete it :thumbsup: i believe in you(*hug*) we all do(&&&)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Have you had a chance to speak with somebody and to gain some support in your efforts to get to know some friends? There might a treatment that could help you to gain some social interaction and communication skills. While it can be difficult at first, but with some help, you might be able to overcome some of the symptoms to some degree. One thing is for sure though: you are not a waste of time. Never. (*hug*)

4. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are not alone, when I was your age, I was in a very similar situation as you find yourself today. I had lost all of my childhood friends, I was stuck at home because of a disability, I suffered from anxieties and severe undiagnosed ADHD and I was traumatized because of having cancer when I was 15. I spent most of my days on the computer just passing the time and my life felt completely pointless and hopeless.

It can be extremely hard to break out of the shell and become more social but it is in no way impossible. Can you talk a bit about the way your autism influences your social interactions... have you got any social anxieties? ADHD does somewhat affect your social capabilities because of how hard it can be to follow conversations, but when combined with aspergers it can also work as an advantage as the combination tends to make you less rigid perceptually and more flexible.

Have you talked to a psychologist/psychiatrist about the possibility that you might be depressed. The words, 'giving up' tend to coincide with depression and it does make sense that you would suffer from it to some extent considering how socially isolated you feel at the moment. Do you take medication for ADHD? if so, how do they affect you. The comorbidity of depression and ADHD can be a bit problematic and if you are taking a stimulant it might increase the potency of your depression.

No matter what, if you ever need a friend or to talk, feel free to message me on my wall and I will do my best to be there for you and help you if I can.

(*hug*)

Yael

5. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, i have a therapist and i need to see him about this, but my appointment isnt until next week.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It's very good that you are talking to your therapist. You are reaching out and making progress - I'm proud of you! (*hug*)

It can be hard to wait an entire week for an appointment. In the meantime, remind yourself that you will get there soon.

There are also various relaxation techniques you can do to help with stress.

I know the lack of friends and a relationship you would want can hurt.

But you are in no way disgusting.

I think your future can be brighter than what you feel like right now.
    Your problems do not define the whole of you and there are people who will see you in a positive light. I do! I think you're great. (*hug*)

Hang in there. Do your best to be open with your therapist, they can help you a lot.

If you ever want to talk, my wall is yours.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It's good that you have a therapist and that you can see him next week. Take it one day at a time.

One thing you could try is to shift your thoughts away from your fears, when things become overwhelming. Try to sit down somewhere comfortable and then breath in deeply for a few moments or until things settle down. While you start breathing deeply where you can feel your inhalation and exhalation, close your eyes so to enhance your concentration on your breathing. Then, envision all of your fears/worries sitting on a cloud or leaf, and imagine it flying by, out of view. Continue breathing deeply for a few moments longer. Once you feel okay, open your eyes. Have a look around you to re-orient yourself. (*hug*)

8. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you

9. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Update

So, i talked to my therapist about my situation, and ill tell you, i cried almost the whole time.

He did say he was willing to help me, and we have started working on the massive task at hand.

However currently i feel i am sinking into a lonely inky blackness from which i will never see light again. i feel awful. im soo lonely right now i just spent over an hour crying my eyes out. i dont know what else to do.

all i want to do is curl up and die. :icon_sad: