1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Support/ Casual Dating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gloomyra, Jul 18, 2015.

1. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have two questions. The first is, how can I find an LGBT support group to attend in person? I can't drive and I feel embarrassed to ask my mom to take me to one, even though I'm out to her... I have a couple openly gay/bi friends but we haven't talked in awhile and I'd feel weird contacting them just to find out if they know a support group.

Also, I'd like to go on a "date" with a girl, but not with the intention of having a physical or emotional relationship (there's already a guy I like, but I've never dated a girl and I just want to get a "feel" for things; I don't want sex either because I don't think I can have sex with someone I'm not in love with). I just want to kind of "hang out" somewhere with a girl and see how interested I feel (or not). I want my intentions to be clear from the start though, as I don't want to lead anyone on. Although, if the support group thing goes well, I may not even feel the need to date a girl at all.

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure what age you are but if you're at school, you might find a GSA of some sort. If not, you could try to google search for some near your area, remember that its always safest to let an adult know where you're going and for how long. I personally think that if you're out to your mom and she is friendly and accepting, she's probably going be okay with you going. Heck, you could even ask her if she wants to join you at a PFLAG meeting.