1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

settling and dating?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by timeforchange, Jul 20, 2015.

1. i have met a few guys that i am not interested in physically. i have tried to be open to hanging around them to get to know them but they seem to like me and i do not like them like that. i just like them as a friend or someone to know and that's all i want. but they like me and i'm just not into them.

is it a good idea to keep this going? in the past with gay men i have told i was not interested romantically in just wanted friends, many did not take it well and became quite combative. no matter how i tried to let them down easy or tell them upfront, it was always the same thing. if i was not interested, they would cut me off and not be friends or try and hit me with some low blows.

so im guy-shy to even go out with a guy without having the "im just looking for friends" speech. but when you say that, they always act like, "hey who even said i was into you." if you do not say that, then they get pissed when you eventually tell them that.

can't seem to win. any advice?

2. ConfusedguyZZ

First of all I am jealous of you because you find guys that they like you.
    But let's get to the point.
    You decide if you want date with him, you will choose him or a lover, or a friend.
    If you want to make a serious relationship, go ahead, but don't give a coin if they cut you because they didn't get your acceptance ... you will decide which people you want in your life, not others,
    You will decide for your future
    You will wait just like that until you find the perfect man( or woman ) for you

3. thanks. you can get guys to like you too. its easy really. just work out and wear nice clothes. that seems to work for many and do your hair in a cool contemporary style. that works too.

thanks i will follow your advice. just because you go on a date doesn't mean marriage. people need to get over it!

4. ConfusedguyZZ

My friend , I just wanna be myself, and I wear ok clothes( i think haha)
    But ok I want people love because I am me, because I have good personality not because I am like a model with muscles ( I am not).... I have a crush to my best friend for 2 years from now but he doesnt like me but he loves me duh... Whatever I will wait too... My country is really homophobic..

5. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't say anything. Continue to be yourself. There is no need to say you are just looking to be friends, it is understood. In fact saying it is degrading so don't ever say it. They are wrong to try and make you feel guilty about not wanting to put out from them. Give me a break. Continue to be friends with them and even flirt a little if you want. They have no right in the world to ever try and force you into something sexual and if that hurst their feelings than tough shit.

6. yea you are right. i dont need to say that to them. if i dont want to return their advances i do not have to. i do not have to go into details. screw them! thanks. :slight_smile: