1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no one to talk to about this

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by queermeerkat, Jul 21, 2015.

1. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    when i discovered i was bi i could barely last a month without telling someone-for support and to just get it off my chest. every day it'd suffocate me.
    being queer has made my life hell enough but now i'm facing my gender, i might be trans and i have no one to tell, my psyche cant handle the hell that would bring and i'm going to quit typing bc my wrist hurts...

2. hispanicninja9

Hi! (*hug*)
    I get you when you say you couldn't spend a month without telling somebody about it. Maybe you should have waited a few months, or even years until doing such a thing. I hope you know by this point that no one should come out of the closet until they don't feel comfortable enough to do it and I think you didn't wait... but if you say you just wanted to get it off of your chest... well that is more powerful.
    Whatever, we can't change the past.
    I wanted to start the replay talking about that so you can recall all the things that you had to go through to discover and embrace your sexuality. Wasn't easy, right? Well, if you feel your gender is not the one they gave you when you were born, you will have to do it again. You will have to change your mind again and get used to things that seem strange now.
    Ok, you probably know all this and reading it is just making your wrist to hurt even more. I will stop.
    As I told before, you shouldn't come out as a queer before you feel ready. Nobody is forcing you to do so and nobody should. Take your time, relax, and when you feel ready, start with transition or whatever you need to do. If you feel like it has made your life a hell, I think this last sentence describes what you need now. Time.
    Now, a few questions.
    1) How old are you? Are you economically independent? If not, do you think that your parents will support you when you come out to them?
    2) What are the reasons you think your life will be a hell if you are queer? Do you think people around you will be mean to you or that they will be unsupportive? Maybe you want to deepen this matter when you replay.
    3) You always have people to talk to here in EC and if you want to talk i'm always willing to it
    4) you shouldn't be ashamed of doubting about your gender or sexual orentation or about just whatever(i am saying this bc I could see some feeling of embarrasament in your post). Everyone's life paths are different and beautiful but it starts with wondering about important things like these.

Again (*hug*)
    and sorry if I made some spelling or grammatical mistake, english is not my main language :rolle:

3. CommasGalore

The reply above said most of the advice I could have had to offer.

However, I was going to suggest perhaps finding a 1 or 2 very close friends/family members who you trust to be supportive. From that point, you'll have somebody to share your feelings with and not have to keep everything to yourself.

As said before, frustrating as it is, you should only come out to your family if you're going to be safe, but if you do feel safe, then there's no shame in letting people know that you aren't 100% sure of your gender.

Basically, the idea is to weigh your safety if you come out against your mental health if you don't, and maybe compromise by only telling a person or two.

4. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm 18, I live at uni so I guess you could call that independent, I definitely wasn't ready to come out when I did, I told a couple friends, then I got outed. Regardless of if my family supports me, me not being cis would forever change my relationship with everyone-especially my family, I just created a beautiful relationship with some relatives that I cannot afford to destroy. Even if I just hide it from my family there'd be that burden of hiding it and I hate keeping secrets from people I care about, I'm not so much embarrassed as I am scared, very very scared. Finding out I was bi took away all the security I felt in myself, raised in a Christian home I was taught I couldn't be anything else, so hetero was a constant unshakeable rock, and as soon as that crumbled everything else I considered solid reality I had to question, and I have literally questioned everything in my life that I've ever known and believed, I left gender for last bc I knew it would take the longest, I started researching gender to understand the trans community, not be apart of it. And I'm afraid enough of being assaulted for liking guys, but trans ppl? They get attacked so much more often. Sorry if I'm rambling too much...