1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I meet him? Need help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cubxu, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been cruising gay dating apps for just under a month now, and I haven't had much luck. Last night, I met a guy who was very sweet. We talked, and he asked if I wanted to come over to his house. I've become a bit more flirty over chat now, but I warned him that I have no idea how I'll be in real life, to which he said he understood. In the heat of the moment, I said that I would meet him tomorrow night, and woke up this morning feeling a little scared at the situation.

I've never had an experience with a guy before. Is this going too fast? I don't want to be a time waster and get cold feet, but I am getting a little more worried as the time gets nearer.

The problem is that I'm going for a week's work in Leeds on the weekend, so this is the only free time I've got. The guy is older than me as well, which is kinda daunting. What should I do? I'm really stuck.

2. IJustWantToLove

Meeting someone from an App is not bad in general, that's how I met my girlfriend.
    But you only got to know him, so I would strongly advise you to not meet him at home alone. Meet him in a public place and get to know him better. Maybe even tell someone you're meeting up with him.
    Don't rush into anything, because you don't wanna be a waste of time. I'm sure you are worth every minute spent on you. And if he is interested, he will respect that. And if you're not after a booty call, it's totally fine to take your time and tell him you want to get to know him better first.
    I personally wouldn't meet someone in their home after talking to them just once...

3. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, I took your advice and asked if I could meet him in public first. We've arranged to meet in August after my trip. Thanks for the reply!