1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good news!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by choirsmash, Jul 23, 2015.

1. choirsmash

So I went to this youth conference retreat thing this past weekend and it was fantastic. Discovering that I'm bi had really shaken up my relationship with God and religion as a whole to the point where it didn't even exist. I have been going on this retreat every summer since my freshman year and I signed up before all this happened. I wasn't all that excited to go..at all. It ended up being the best thing to happen to me since autumn. I should clarify that I'm catholic before I go any further. So, this was a weekend thing like Friday through Sunday. Friday night was fun but still eh. Saturday was interesting and the talks were good but nothing happened until later. I was gonna go to confession during lunch but they had a graduated senior talk during that time so I got lunch later than the rest of my group. So I had to find a priest during dinner to do an impromptu confession in the dining hall. I decided to come out to him for whatever reason and it was probably the best decision of my life so far. He was awesome and he told me a lot of things I needed to hear from him. He said the same stuff other people had said before but coming from him it felt like it was coming directly from Jesus and it made me feel awesome. Then, we had adoration and I ended up feeling so much joy that I couldn't even contain it. It was the joy of answered prayers and the limitless love of God and it was amazing. So yeah, that happened. Just thought I'd share a positive religious experience haha :icon_bigg

2. mjayman89

mjayman89 Guest

I'm glad for you..
    But I have to caution you. It won't last. Time and time again people have these "experiences" and that's all they are. Don't be fooled into thinking its all over because the backlash will hurt worse.. Religion, especially Christianity, is poison to anything that doesn't stay exactly conformed to it, and that's dangerous .
    I don't want to seem negative I just don't want to see you hurt and feeling alone like I was. I realized the truth of the religious delusion and walked away and have never felt more full of life, happiness, vitality. Be careful..religion can do good..but It can also do extremely bad.
    Hope for your best,
    M

3. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a Christian, and for that reason I had to keep my sexuality deep into the closet for most of my life. I was afraid of all the things religious authorities would want you to believe. God will hate you, you will go to hell, the ever favorite Sodom and Gomorrah story, sin. Eventually I grew to realize God doesn't hate us, after all he is love. And if ever it is a sin as they would keep telling you. Just believe that Christ died for a reason. It is for the forgiveness of past, present and future sin. He didn't die for the good and sinless, after all what good would his sacrifice have been?