1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Rainbows~Exist

I wasn't sure where to put this topic since it doesn't really fit into gender identify but anyhow

I really want to start experimenting with more androgynous/feminine clothing but as this is a new thing to me I'd greatly appreciate some advice on the topic from you guys :slight_smile: For example: How to get started, what clothes to buy/from where etcetera...

Thanks guys! (*hug*)

2. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

This post sounds exactly like it would fit into gender identity forum. Anyway, I started experimenting as well and all I did was go to places where people don't know me and shop for accessories and makeup early in the morning. I already wear skinny jeans so that works for now and I bought 1 shirt so far made for girls, but it looks gender neutral and is more form fitting than what I usually wear so that's nice. I just started trying out makeup myself. Youtube can be a great ally. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's very hard to know what you will like without experimenting and that can get expensive fast. So the best place to start is a thrift store. If something there even remotely interests you, you can probably afford to try it. It's not enough to take it home, lock the door, and try it on where no in can see you. Couture is social so anything you don't think is completely awful must be tested in public. There are of course two problems with this, not only can you make a huge fashion mistake, thrift clothes are often not in the best condition for wearing in public, not the cheap ones anyway. So be sure to do your runway tests where you aren't likely to run into anyone you know. Once you have a style that says "you" you can splurge for the quality stuff an go for it for real.

4. Rainbows~Exist

Thank you guys :slight_smile: This really helped me :slight_smile: I already tend to wear really skinny jeans but other than that I'm finding it difficult to find upper body wear that portrays my more feminine qualities. I have found this one top from one of my favourite stores yet it's from the women's section and for some reason mentioning it to my parents or family scares me whilst thinking about wearing it in public and not giving a f*** gives me a sense of comfort and empowerment... If that makes sense? It's just my financial situation isn't great right now so I'll be relying on my parents to get me things and this will prove challenging for me since I'm afraid of asking them :frowning2:

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2015 at 07:31 AM ----------

YouTube has helped a bit I guess :slight_smile: I'll occasionly watch Miles Jai which is proving to be an invaluable resource into this 'new world' of androgynity for me.

5. Simple Thoughts

I'm not really sure how to help you, but when I move in December in with my friends I'm going to start doing the same.

I've been talking to them about it a bit and they've been really supportive of the idea. I personally plan to start small and do things like wear more feminine clothes at first while I get into better shape and then just keeping pushing things further and further until I find my comfort zone.

I hope that everything works out for you with this :slight_smile: